14 9 / 2013

Sailor Mercury Themed Cake for a friends birthday.

Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing and covered in fondant. The face was done with edible markers.

I do not know if you have ever tried, but finding a already existing 3D sailor scout cake was impossible. I could not find one at all, so I just had to figure it out on my own. In the end I could not properly plan the cake out, should have since I was working in a new kitchen, but I was so busy with the start of school, moving, etc. that I did not have a chance and I really wanted to make the cake for her, which she ended up loving. Yay!


Originally the head was supposed to made out of styrofoam, but I could not find an unused one anywhere. Then I had planned to make it out of rice krispies, like with the dragon head, but I did not have the time since I wanted to finish the cake that same evening. Overall from scratch to finish the cake took me 10hours, including baking/cooling/chilling time; so that was pretty good.

My next sailor cake is going to be perfect after this experiment. I am excited to try again.

September 6, 2013

  1. kellerkitchen posted this